Rachel Price, SHS Teacher
Phone: (325) 235-4371
To promote quality visual arts education in Texas by promoting visual arts education as an integral part of the curriculum through professional development of knowledge and skills, representation of the art educators of Texas, service and leadership opportunities, and research and development of policies and decisions relative to practices and directions in visual arts education; to sustain and advance professional development; to encourage and promote the advancement of knowledge and skills.
The Texas Art Education Association believes:
- The visual arts are essential at all levels of human development.
- The visual arts are sensitive to learning styles and multiple intelligence: all students are capable.
- The visual arts develop critical and creative thinkers.
- Visual literacy and self-expression in the visual arts are vital forms of communication in our global society.
- Quality visual arts education requires instruction by professional certified art educators.
- Continuous professional development is necessary for quality teaching.
- Active support of research and development in visual arts education is essential.
- Promotion and implementation of quality visual arts education through communication with students, parents, school administrators and community leaders.