Sweetwater ISD has selected Chartwells K12 to manage the food service department for the District, bringing healthy flavors and new choices kids will love to the menu in all of the schools.
"The SISD Administration is very excited to partner with an expert in the food service industry,” said SISD Superintendent Terry Pittman. “Our students will be the real winners by benefiting from all the choices that Chartwells can offer. Welcome to Sweetwater, Chartwells!"
As part of the new partnership, Sweetwater students will enjoy:
- scratch cooking, with a target to prepare over 80% of all menu items from scratch
- A creative menu planned to promote variety for students through Chartwells’ proprietary technology
- School garden support, including the expertise of Chartwells and their exclusive partner, the National Gardening Association
- Nutrition education, support tied to the menus students are choosing from on a daily basis
- Exciting new dining options and themes, including 'Extra, Extra' a la carte items
- 'So Deli' sandwich station
- Wild Greens salad bar
Together, Chartwells and SISD will offer the school community a new way of looking at what a school dining experience can be – in the café, in the classroom and in the community. “While this will be a phase-in process beginning March 1st, the SISD cafeterias will not see the complete program until the Fall of the 2015-2016 school year”, added Assistant Superintendent Kathy Smartt.
For more information about Chartwells, please go to their website at http://www.chartwellsschools.com/Pages/Home.aspx