Skip Navigation
  • Child Nutrition

    The Child Nutrition Department is committed to ensuring students receive healthy nutritious meals each school day. The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) is a non-pricing meal service option for schools and school districts in low-income areas. CEP allows the nation’s highest poverty schools and districts to serve breakfast and lunch at no cost to all enrolled students without collecting household applications. Instead, schools that adopt CEP are reimbursed using a formula based on the percentage of students categorically eligible for free meals based on their participation in other specific means-tested programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).

    Waivers have been secured by Sweetwater ISD provided by Texas Department of Agriculture thru August 2021 allowing meal services to be offered to students who elect asynchronous online learning through designated curbside locations for “grab and go”. The “grab and go” sites and times for pick up are listed below:

    Staff Personal Protective Equipment

    All Child Nutrition Staff will be required to wear personal protective face coverings while working in the kitchen area and when serving meals. In addition to personal protective face coverings, all staff will wear gloves while handling food. Cashiers serving students will wear personal protective face coverings and gloves.

    Student Eating Arrangements

    Each campus will have times and procedures built into the school day to serve breakfast and lunch to every student each school day. Sweetwater ISD staff will be proactive with the social distancing of students when and where feasible such as spacing students as they are in line and picking up their meal, spacing student seating throughout the cafeteria as much as possible, and by using outdoor spaces when available. Cafeterias will be disinfected after each meal using electrostatic sprayers that dispense disinfectant meeting CDC guidelines in order to help optimize sanitation throughout the school day.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.   

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. 

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:  

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture  
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights  
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW  
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;  

  1. fax: (202) 690-7442; or  

  1. email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Copyright © {{YEAR}} - Sweetwater Independent School District.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM